Saturday, January 22, 2011

Another Groovy Girls Club Project Completed

Am I very late or am I very early?  I prefer to think I'm very early.  I recently completed a Halloween table topper using Atkinson Designs pattern called Happy Holidays.  I bought fabric probably 4 years ago to make a Halloween table runner, and when I saw this pattern, I knew it was just perfect for this project.

The pattern gives directions for three sizes, small (20x23"), medium (30x35") and large (40x47").  The large is big enough to make into a tree skirt, and it gives the directions on how to do that.  The size I made for my Halloween table topper is the medium.  



I wanted to quilt it with some type of Halloween or fall quilting embroidery design on my Bernina 830, and found the perfect design in my collection.  The one I used was from Designs Sew Fine from Quilt Collection 1.  There are three sizes of the spider web, and I used the largest, which fit nicely into the Jumbo hoop.  I used a metallic thread that was a black and silver twist.  I was very happy with the results.  The picture above is a closeup of the stitchout of the design.  With the precise embroidery positioning of the Bernina 830, I was able to get my designs exactly where I wanted them.

Below is the finished topper, binding and all.  This was a great, quick project, and only took a few hours to complete from beginning to end.



I really look forward to attending Groovy Girls Club meetings at Shiisa Quilts in Bloomington, Indiana.  I always come away with great ideas and inspiration.  The projects are small enough and don't require big chunks of time, which is perfect for me.

1 comment: