Sunday, February 13, 2011

Applique - Accuquilt Go! Cutter

Things have gotten crazy nuts at work again, so I've been able to spend very little time sewing or creating.  One of the little things I've been able to do is one small appliqué project.  The heart was cut on the Accuquilt Go! cutter using the heart die.  The Go! certainly speeds things up for applique, and if you have an embroidery machine, you can be done in no time.  For the heart I used a pre-digitized design from the Shapes embroidery collection from Accuquilt.   I did add lettering from the built-in letters on the Bernina 830 before I stitched the design out.  Fabric was pre-fused with appliqué stabilizer before cutting.  It took a total of about 5 minutes from beginning to the final embroidery stitch. The notebook cover took about an hour to complete.

I've also been playing some with digitizing some of the shapes myself in the Designer Plus Version 6 software.  This is my final test stitch out for the Arabesque die.  I plan to make a table runner using this design, but that will have to wait until there is more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment