Monday, August 1, 2011

Playing With Thread

On July 22 I was able to go to Shiisa Quilts in Bloomington for an afternoon with Paula Reid that was put on for Shiisa's Crazy 8s group.  This was a wonderful chance for us to play with some decorative threads and do some bobbin work.  Bobbin work is great in the Bernina 830s and 820s because you can use a variety of threads in the bobbin and only have to do a simple adjustment for thicker threads.  For the Superior Glitter thread that I used, no adjustment was even needed.  I also added some decorative stitching using a thicker varigated thread in the needle.

I really enjoyed myself and below is my finished piece; when I got home I added a few glitz embellishments to the butterfly, but it is ready to be made into a journal/notebook cover.  What a fun afternoon.  The link above to Paula Reid is to her blog, and you can see some of the other classes that she gave at Shiisa's when she was there.

She will be back at Shiisa's in September 2012, so I'm looking forward to taking more classes with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment