Sunday, August 21, 2011

More Sewing Studio Organization - Stabilizers

I'm still on the quest for better organization in my sewing studio.  The back leafs of my sewing tables are always in the up position and I have used several plastic drawer carts under them to store things.  I had one larger three drawer cart that I used for stabilizer rolls, and then some of the smaller drawers in other carts for some of the smaller rolls.  I've found that I tend not to be able to find what I am looking for easily, so I figured there had to be a better way to do this.  I wanted something that would fit in the space I had, and help me get better organized for my stabilizer storage.
I was flipping through the Sunday paper today and Target had some laminate shoe cubbies on sale this week, and after checking the dimensions, I figured two of them would fit perfectly in the space I had and give me plenty of storage.  I really wanted white, but all they had in stock was the wood color.  Not bad at all.  Below is a photo of the shoe cubbies with stabilizer in place.  It was amazing how many rolls I had, and how many duplicates of some I have.  Don't think I'll be needing to buy any stabilizer for a long time to come.  I'm very pleased with the way this turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment