Sunday, September 16, 2018

Sewing Room - Fabric Organization/Storage

I recently took a re-look at my fabric organization and decided I needed to come up with something better.  I recently did a stash reduction, only keeping the fabrics I knew I would use in the future, and found new homes for everything else.  What you see below is about a third of what I had.  I used the comic book boards to wrap the fabric, and they fit perfectly on my shelves.




My next step was to figure out a way to organize my fat quarters.  Previously they were just stored open on the shelves, and I wanted some kind of bin or something to better organize them.  I searched high and low for something to store them in that would fit on my shelves, and stumbled upon linen closet organizers, that had the dimensions that I needed for my shelves.  These are what I ended up ordering from Amazon .  I was able to put 4 on each shelf and they worked perfectly.  I was able to get all of my fat quarters and precuts stored in these.  I organized the fat quarters by color, so I can just pull out the bin that I want.  So far it makes it a lot easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment