Sunday, June 21, 2009

Shipshewana Indiana

The Indy Chapter of the American Sewing Guild did our annual bus trip yesterday. We headed up to Shipshewana, Indiana for a day of shopping/eating/shopping. For those of you who are not familiar with Shipshewana, it is in northern Indiana in the heart of Amish country. I was the coordinator for this year's trip (or ringleader), and we all had a great time. If you are ever in the area, I would highly recommend stopping and spending the day.

This is a picture of a few of my finds from Yoder's and Lolly's.

Don't have a clue what I'm going to do with any of it other than the gold fabric. The fabric is a polyester/lycra blend, and the texture is much like suede. That is going into a jean's jacket. The other beige and brown shinny fabrics, and the two rolls of fat quarters on it are Radiance by Robert Kaufman, which is 55% cotton, 45% silk. The texture is just lucious and I just want to pet it when I see it. Just going to keep it around until I figure out what to do with it.

The aqua and off white fat quarter rolls are a new fabric also by Robert Kaufman called Marbleous. It is 100% cotton, but has a wonderful textured shine to it. I'll need to figure out what to use it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment