Saturday, April 25, 2009

I'm Back........

It didn't seem like it had been that long since I've posted, but I guess it has.

The last weekend in March we headed to Oklahoma City to attend my nephew's wedding. Had a great time, but, boy, is that a long trip from Indiana. The wedding was beautiful, and we had a great time seeing family and getting to unwind a little.

The weather was quite interesting. The weekend before it had been 80 degrees in Oklahoma City. When we arrived on Thursday, they were predicting a blizzard for Friday night into Saturday, with up to 12 inches of snow! Needless to say, I packed for the 80-degree weather, and not snow weather. It was cold and rainy and snowy and windy. Luckily, the snow accumulations went all around us, up to 23" to the west of us and around 10" northeast. We had a few inches and only on the grassy areas where we were staying. Started the trip home on Sunday and had no problems, most of it was cleared off the interstate.

I did get an opportunity on Saturday before the wedding festivities to hit a quilt shop with my mom. We visited Oklahoma Quiltworks located at 9323 N Pennsylvania in Oklahoma City. The shop was lovely and everyone was so friendly. It is a definite must-see if you are in Oklahoma City. They even have a table and chairs with newspapers for the guys who accompany their wives. Great idea, and my husband and father made good use of it.


I bought this fabric while there. It is one I've not seen before, and kind of reminds me of a seersucker type fabric. Have no idea what I'll do with it yet, but I'm thinking either a blouse or a light jacket.
When we got back, had a lot to do and work got crazy. It is just starting to calm down again so maybe I can get back to normal, whatever that might be.

No comments:

Post a Comment