Tuesday, April 28, 2009

ASG Community Sewing Project for 2009

The American Sewing Guild's (www.asg.org) community sewing project for 2009 is making pillowcases for Ronald McDonald houses. Our neighborhood group worked on this project at our April meeting. We decided that as a group we would make 50 to donate to the Ronald McDonald house in Indianapolis, which is our chapter home (check us out at www.indyasg.org). By the time we got through with our sewing at the meeting, we had 30 pillowcases already made. I have six finished to take back in to our next meeting on Saturday.
I loved making these pillowcases. They were great fun and went together quickly. It also gave me a chance to use some of my decorative stitches, which I use very seldom.
-Billie

2 comments:

  1. Those pillow cases are the cutest things I have seen for awhile! I am going to make some for gifts and donate some. There are so many charities that need items it is hard to decide who to donate to. I have to choose wisely now as I am not working anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished (September) sewing/serging the pillowcases that we also made for McDonald House. Our Southside AM group made many and I just used up the fabric left over. I made 13 or 14. I'm not sure where they are going.
    Nancy in IN

    ReplyDelete