Sunday, July 3, 2011

July 4 Time to Relax

Not much new around here.  I've been doing a little sewing, but nothing exciting enough to blog about.  Did go to the International Quilt Show in Cincinnati in April.  Had a wonderful time and will go back again next year.  Cincinnati will be hosting it for at least 3 years.  It is a wonderful venue and I hope it stays much longer than 3 years!  Got some cool new tools that I need to write about; it's on my list of things to do!
I did teach two classes last Saturday for the Indianapolis Chapter of the American Sewing Guild.  Both classes were for projects on the serger.  The first was a jacket, and the second was a puzzle blouse.  We had a great time.  Below is the class sample that I made for the jacket.  It is made out of rayon batik fabric.  I really like the jacket and will wear it a lot.



This weekend I worked all day yesterday on the week 1 blocks for the HoopSisters 2011 Mystery Quilt.  The mystery started June 1, so as usual I'm a little behind, but I am enjoying it.  This is my first HoopSisters quilt, so it's a learning experience, too.  I'll post pictures when allowed.  Right now it's still a mystery so I have no idea what it is supposed to look like in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment