Thursday, February 5, 2009

About My Stash

Sew, Mama, Sew is one of the sewing/quilting blogs that I follow. They posed a challenge today to tell about your stash! Here are my answers:

  • What do you usually sew? Anything and everything. I love to sew, be it garments, lingerie, home dec or quilting. I’m more into smaller projects that I can actually accomplish given my busy work schedule and activity with the American Sewing Guild (Indianapolis Chapter).
  • When you shop for fabric, what size cuts do you usually buy? (i.e. If you see something beautiful, but you don’t have a use for it right away, how much do you buy?) My rule is always 3 yards. I’d rather have too much than be a little short.
  • Do you buy on impulse or do you go out looking for something you need? A little of both.
  • Are you a pre-washer? If you are, do you wash your fabric before you need it, or only when you’re ready to use it? Don’t usually prewash, but it depends on the project/intended use.
  • Do you iron it? Only before I am cutting for a project (unless it is really wrinkled before I store it.
  • How do you sort it? (color, print size, collection, etc.) Color.
    Do you have any special folding techniques? Fold and store on fabric sheets to store vertically in cabinet.
  • How do you store your fabric? Vertically in cabinet. (See pictures from previous entry.)
  • What tips do you have for building up a well-rounded stash? Blenders, tone-on-tone and batiks are always good to have on hand.
  • When do you say enough is enough? I’m not sure I know the meaning of “enough.” There’s never enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment